Our Training endeavors to provide:
• Pathways for new entrants to the labour market.
• Further training for those in employment or seeking a career change.
• A pathway to higher education.
We aim to produce graduates of high quality through targeted and well-researched training. The training delivered is practical, career-oriented and relevant to meet the needs of a modern economy. The courses offered are designed to provide students with the competencies that employers have identified as critical to their needs. The IWSD currently offers three courses through distance learning, all addressing specific needs within the water and sanitation sector for both the rural and urban areas. These are:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Water and Sanitation.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Monitoring, evaluation and Learning for Humanitarian and Developmental WASH and Livelihoods Programming
• National Certificate in Water and Waste Management
• National Diploma in Water and Waste Management
• Higher National Diploma in Water and Waste Management
In addition to these, courses addressing various aspects of water and sanitation can be tailor made to meet the specific needs of clients. Please refer to our latest Training Calendar for more details on short professional courses on offer.
It covers basic principles of water and wastewater technology so that participants are able to appreciate technology.
It is a programme aimed at enhancing the capacity to manage water and waste water treatment plants.
It is an advanced Water Operators programme.